If you are in the market for a luxury home, you might want to look into Jackson Hole real estate for sale. Many of the top realty companies will be able to help you find Jackson wyoming real estate so that you can move into one of the many luxury log homes in the area as soon as possible. Here are a few more facts you should know about the area before you look into buying.
1. If you are wondering what the difference between Jackson Hole and Jackson is, Jackson Hole is a valley about 80 miles long and 15 miles wide, while Jackson is the major town within the valley. Just keep in mind that if you are looking to buy a log home in the area, that you should also invest in log home inspection before you plan to move in.
2. If you are not in the market for a luxury home, then Jackson Hole is probably not going to be the new home for you. The average listing price for homes for sale in Jackson, WY for the week ending Oct 24, 2012 was an astounding 2,401,875 dollars. If you do look into buying a home here, do not forget the importance of log home inspection regardless of whether it is a luxury log home.
3. The average travel time to work in Jackson, WY is only 12 minutes because of the fact that the town is not that large to begin with. Imagine how great such a short commute to work would be while you still enjoy the luxuries of living in such a beautiful area.
4. According to the 2012 Forbes list of the 400 wealthiest Americans, Jackson, WY is home to two of those people. Harrison Ford is also a resident of the Jackson area.
5. Two of the largest sources of revenue in Wyoming are mineral extraction and tourism. As a result of this, both citizens and businesses enjoy one of the lowest tax burdens in the country. This os one of the reasons for the extremely high home cost.