If you live in the United States, then you probably care a lot about the health and appearance of your teeth. Here are a few facts that you should know about family and cosmetic dentistry and what it can do for you and your family.
1. According to a recent find by an anthropologist, the first dental implantation procedure was conducted over 1,350 years ago. It took place when a Mayan woman had pieces of shell hammered into her mouth as tooth replacements which were recently uncovered in a mummy.
2. The dental implant process is the only real cosmetic dental procedure that provide a natural tooth like experience. Because of the fact that dental implantation is not taken out at the end of the night, it has a lot of advantages over dentures.
3. Though this number has gone down dramatically in the past century or so, more than 20 million people in the United States are missing all of their natural teeth.
4. Statistics have recently shown that around 69 percent of adults between the ages of 35 and 44 are missing at least one of their natural teeth.
5. As many as 96 percent of adults believe that a high quality smile makes you attractive to the opposite sex. This is one of the reasons that cosmetics dentistry and the whole host of cosmetic dentistry procedures that are available these days has become so popular in the United States.